Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Hello. No, this still isn't about Kaohsiung but I got two emails from there...

anyway this is about:

My Grandpa Today
----------------

Today I went to buy a chicken and prawn Yoshinoya set meal for him, and a newspaper from 7-11, at my first uncle's behest. Anyway, I walked in the wrong direction the first time (there was a 7-11 in that direction but not the Yoshinoya) but got it in the end. Anyway, I did everything right and stuff, except that I wasn't supposed to buy the meal with the chawan-mushi but when I brought it back I ate it anyway cause nobody wanted it. It was nice. Yeah.

Anyway I bought a plastic bag, and last time when William went to buy a meal for him from Yoshinoya he forgot that my grandpa really, REALLY likes people buying plastic bags...long story short he got told off real bad XD (something along the lines of your mother and intercourse)

Moral: Always buy a plastic bag along with your meal.

[nb. In Taiwan most places require an extra NT$1 for a plastic bag. Translates to about..5 cents in NZ. This was encouraged by the government to cut down on trash. It actually works really well, I hardly see plastic bags flying around, unlike malaysia. People stash them away and stuff...except people like my grandpa who insist that they be bought, with the reasoning "it's only a dollar dont be so thrifty i like to spend money so i feel higher in the social ladder".]

Yup. :P

No comments: