Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The adventures of my remaining grandfather and animal meats:

Mkay. This is my grandpa on my mum's side (the other one hasn't been with us for...I don't know, quite a while. The only thing related to him I can remember is his funeral, not in a mean way or anything, but it was dark, the walls were concrete and cracked like most Malaysian houses at the time were and there were shadows everywhere cast by fires which were set up. I was folding and burning paper money, it's a cultural/traditional thing...wow. That information was probably not required. Moving on)

Basically the two points I want to make are:

1) He really hates lamb. In fact, he hates it so much that today because my Aunty is cooking a meal with lamb in it, he gets cooked a different meal and is eating at the dining table, but the rest of us are gonna have our meal in the living room, at his behest.

2) My cousin cannot eat beef. This is a restriction placed on him by my grandfather. He is now...22? I am not too sure but he's on his last year of University...and he still can't eat beef. -_- I respect my cousin for sticking to it, respect his dad (my uncle) for saying that he doesnt care and what my cousin eats is his own business, and I'm just confused at why you can't eat beef. Maybe there's a good reason for it. Must remember to ask my mum.

That is all! I have not really done much today but it's still nice to be here in Taiwan :D

No comments: