Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Today was an interesting day. Mufti day, wore the Totally Cool and Awesome Band T-Shirt (tm), didn't do much for the whole day, really...what I did do:

1. First period, Art Photography. Did some prints, kinda panicking because four boards are due to be completed...by the end of the term. That's not a lot of time, at all...

2. Second period, Music. Did some crazy harmonic analysis. I'm still quite slow and horrible at it, and I'm still attributing my crapness at music theory in general to me not doing music since 4th Form.

Miss Hall had a megaphone. She seemed to enjoy having it way too much. I must remember to buy one for her for the end of the year. Don't tell her. Or maybe you should, maybe she won't believe you.

The rest of my school day (until 2:00) I spent learning how to use the school's extremely expensive mixer board thingmie (which is, exceedingly cool) and trying to get FFOF to get some recording done but then being let down in a major, major way by J-Bo, you letter down you. Oh well.

Then after school there was the first day at work. I'm slightly worried that I haven't signed any contracts or filled in any timesheets or anything, so...meh. Hopefully they'll remember that I'm actually working there and remember to pay me. Watching little kids sing is really funny. If you're reading this Sonny, ask Claudia to sing for you some time.

Then, there was production which I was rushed to straight from work (I was still late though, indirectly due to the rain)...and it was okay this night. Less screwups. The lion dance is still in my opinion the weakest link in the entire show although Katherine take heart you do a great job, I'm complaining about the lion itself and how it doesn't really do anything and just...I don't know. It doesn't impress me. Maybe it's because I'm not white and I don't squeal in delight just because it's a sheer novelty Asian thing.

Yes.

I'm tired.

Very much so.

And if anyone knows the name of that song that plays in the Caltex ad, the one with the little kid in the Elvis suit who goes "one day, I might want to marry you, so right now I'm going to be real nice, to your mum", PLEASE TELL ME.

Thanks.

No comments: