Tuesday, August 24, 2004

My left arm is sore. Today most of the Year 13 student body was 1/3 immunized from Meningitis (I say 1/3 because this is shot 1 out of 3, and also it actually only covers one strain of meningitis)...it really wasn't that bad, the actual injection itself. The nurses went quite quickly but they had every reason and right to because the jab isn't too painful or anything. It's just that the condition of your arm deteriorates ever so slowly. Immediately after the injection I felt fine...but then slowly over the course of the day the upper arm started to die. At least I can still type relatively fine.

After the injection they kept us in the drama room which they turned into a makeshift holding room...and there was this really agro lady (she had a really funny accent, I think it was very South African but I might be wrong) and when I walked in she was in the middle of yelling about how down in South Auckland where the decile 0 schools are the students are much better behaved and threatened to bring the principal down here. The nurse sitting down on a table attending to my details and forms was just giving me a look that said "don't worry, she's a fuck-up". I smiled back knowingly.

The timing of the arm-deteriorating puncture couldn't have been worse, because after school today we were supposed to be recording (by we I mean Fist Full of Fives) and it wasn't easy drumming with a dead arm. (I'll talk more about after school later)

Anyway, the morning went pretty averagely. House Assembly, the challenge being seeing who could stuff the most squares of toilet paper in their mouth. Absolutely pointless and mind-bogglingly stupid, but entertaining. (Hey, that sounds like some people I know) Period 5 was recording a piano piece for SADD (Students Against Drunk Driving), all by myself...aww, lil Henry's all grown up now.

But in all seriousness, it was pretty hard trying to remember all the recording gear stuff (phantom power off! All sliders + levels to zero before power on! Mastering track!) but I think I did pretty well. I'm listening to the recording now as we speak. Even though there was actually a lot of background noise when it was recorded (someone else playing the piano just in a room down the hallway, and some drumming from somewhere in the music suite) Yeah. So I'm really proud of the recording. I'm going to steal it. And put it on my computer. And dress it up and call it Frank (no, not really) I'll pass it to Jen tomorrow, hope she finds it good.

Anyway. After school, Andre was there to help us record ourselves. It was very good although it was hard to get the momentum going (a lot of "time wasted" I suppose, but then again it wasn't really wasted, just...not really recording) and I had quite a lot of difficulty drumming with a bum arm. Still, recording is more important than pain. We did quite a lot of songs actually but it isn't finished yet, I've still got to do a bit of a voice overdub, and then Andre has to master it and get it onto a final CD so that John can have it and send it off to that Stu guy who wanted it. And then we can mass produce the CDs and sell them as a fundraiser and buy new equipment! HURRAH!

Okay, maybe it won't get that far. Rikky supposedly was on the radio today. I forgot to listen to him though...-_- I KNEW there was something I forgot. So maybe those ZM guys are serious about this wanting to play our original on the radio thing. I mean, I don't particularly like ZM but radio exposure is radio exposure.

Miss Hall was in a good mood today. I was really scared..I just never know what to expect, so I end up trying to be as courteous as I can. Maybe that's her tactic. Maybe I should always be courteous. To everybody. Here, have a court. Yeah...but we were quite late in leaving. She said she had washing to do.

When I got home, the washing machine was running. Hah!

My arm still hurts. I'm off to update the band website now.

No comments: