Friday, January 28, 2005

Phew! I just came back from dinner at a fancy-ish kinda place not far from the apartment block my mum's side of the family lives in...;_; I am really full, ate way too much (hint: never take me to buffets you'll be losing money)...but it was real nice. They had these HUUUGE cups (William took a photo) and the food was good, hotplate stuff we ordered...but man I hadn't eaten so much in...well...ages. Most this year in one sitting probably -_-

Anyway. Today was very eventful, my uncle brought me to lots of places...a random mountaintop village shopping place thing, where I bought an ocarina - it was really foggy/misty/low cloud cover/you walk and its really cool and stuff...and also we went to Taiwan's Gold Museum...did you know Taiwan had gold?! I didn't. I didn't know it was on a fault line either :D I got to touch the world's largest gold block. 220kg. Worth a LOT of money. And heck, the 12.5 bar was hard to lift...;_;

Also something else i wanted to write was about Taiwan's traditional "chewing gum", the betel nut or whatever...it supposedly has an energizing effect much like caffeine etc, originally used by natives of the area (like cocain in North America XD) and also, gives you mouth cancer over prolonged use and has a ridiculously strong staining power, red coloured. ANYWAY at the shops where they sell this chewing gum of sorts, the shops used to have "hot ladies" stand outside to entice potential customers...since they were stupid and didn't understand that placing three in a row was kinda dumb and competitive to a fault. Anyway. They placed these hot ladies and over time they dressed them less and less until eventually they might as well have been naked people with see-through clothing. Then the police stepped in and introduced regulations for these "betel nut girls". XD I saw a couple today. XD XD XD

Only in Taiwan do they advertise Chewing Gum with sex.


I was gonna write a lot more but then I got busy doing university planning stuff. -_- what a nightmare. stupid university.

No comments: