Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Hello. According to my watch, it is 7:34 pm. Of course, I have no idea what the ACTUAL time is because I have no idea where I am at the moment - somewhere, very high in the sky, travelling over water, probably. I think it's been four hours since I left Auckland...

I'm actually flying on a codeshare arrangement between Air New Zealand and Eva Air. Eva Air is a decidedly Taiwanese Airline Service - they have announcements in three languages - Taiwanese, Mandarin, and last but not least, Asian English. ^^ While we were going through turbulance, they called it "bumpy air". XD

Anyway, before I left the airport (Mrs Chang was really nice and we talked all the way to the airport and stuff I feel really debted cause it was really impromptu and people are busy things. I'm sure she had better things to do than to ferry me to the airport. Anyway.) I gave Sonny a call - Auckland Airport lets you make free local calls - and it turns out that he was home. Simon was at his house too or had just arrived, I couldn't really hear much over the airport busy din, but yeah. Congratulations to him, he went in to school to pick up his results and he got all As! Well done to you! I'm sorry if you didn't want that publicised, but I think it really deserves all the praise and mention. No way can I beat that result so you don't have any reason now to complain and go "OMGUALWAYS NO STUDY N GET BETR MRK THN ME OMG". :P Anyway just a question if you weren't going to Coromandel why couldn't you send me to airport, Sonny? Just wondering.

^^ I also bought a book. It's quite interesting, I was just randomly browsing the shevles, its a Sci Fi one, the first book of a series called "Consider Phlebas" by Ian M. Banks. I haven't actually read much of it though. I've been busy sleeping/eating airline food.

Speaking of airline food, this is the first meal I had:

--

Wholemeal Bread Bun
Butter
Milk

---

Squid Salad (Squid and Lettuce) (I didn't really like this, the seafoody taste was way too strong and made me feel queasy)

--

Short Grain Rice
Beef Stew
Celery
Carrot

The Stew was really good...

--

Chocolate and raspberry slice

--

And also, they have ACTUAL metal knives with serrated edges! Yay! I'm glad they haven't gone the way of all the rest of the stupid idiots who just end up making their cutlery look stupid and inconveniencing people, etc. I mean, like the Frasian Jean-Yves (or whatever his name is) put it, you could easily just kill someone with a shoelace, so, they should screen for shoelaces too.

Speaking of shoelaces, I'm wearing my new shoes which I bought from Malaysia. They're quite comfortable actually, and they don't have laces for me to worry about. And plus, they're a different colour. I think my feet are sweating hardcore though ;_;

The airline hostesses have a really interesting uniform. They look kinda like Asian Milkmaids, with the overall kinda thing, only green. Not the Blue and White of Dutch Lady. Also, my tissue smelt like pepper from my meal cause it was packed right next to the pepper or something like that.


.

I am listening to Me First And The Gimme Gimmes. I really wish my laptop battery lasted for bazillions of years but, unfortunately, it's gonna run out before this flight reaches Taiwan. I'll have to find some otherway to entertain myself...won't be able to type stuff for y'all.

I'd just like to say hi to: William, Sonny, Rikky, Raymond, Helen, David, Brian and any others who regularly read my mental backwash.

Yup. That's about it, I think. I will probably play Civilisation III now, or attempt to write some music or something. I am glad for headphones and my mp3s to cover the sound of the stupid old man snoring behind me. Okay, he's not old, that would be slandering old people. -_- Okay, sure, I probably snore too but then I'm asleep and I could care less *shock shock*

..okay. Off now.


(that was the blog from the plane)


----

Ah. Taiwan : land of constant traffic noise, and people beeping their horns either cause they're assholes or they feel like it.

Ah, Taiwan: I bought an external drivebay today, and a 2.5" HDD. 40g. Will store all my mp3s on there. It will be lovely.

Ah, Taiwan. Land of broadband internet!

Ah, Taiwan. Land of the strange fruit that slighly resembles a non-spiky, squishy durian, which tastes like bubble gum and doesn't smell like crap.

<3

No comments: