Sunday, January 23, 2005

Hello. Today I went to Botany with Sonny (who drove me there in his uncle's car which had a huge cobweb on the right wing-mirror but I digress) and watched Finding Neverland at the new Berkeley Cinemas. The new cinemas are actually a lot better than I expected - the cinema exterior looks nothing really like a cinema, it's a lot more open...Tim works at the Circle lounge bar now...(after he got "laid off" from Foodtown..).,,.and the cinema itself, comfortable seating and a much larger screen than the highland park cinemas.

Cinema verdict: 8/10. Very nice. I dont know about pricing casue David who works there got me a free ticket in but they can certainly charge more than highland park ones...


---Finding Neverland

An absolutely stunning movie. Seriously. Johnny Depp...he's a legendary actor - completely in character, and such a different one from the last one I saw him portray (in Pirates of the Carribean)...and a very moving story. Seriously, once this hits DVD I'm getting a copy. The soundtrack is good too. The oldest kid reminds me of Jacob from the rec centre. The dialogue is well done, and I like things the director has done (eg the implementation of "neverland" and imaginary scenes) - flowed well. Closure at the end of movie was good, very touching.

11/10

---

ok I also after that had burger fuel WOOT burger fuel burgers = love they're really really really really good I had a peanut piston and it was nice. the peanut sauce reminded me of satay, there was actually beef you could distinguish...it was really nice. On the expensive side, but well worth the experience. I was quite hungry too and that really hit the spot.

---

afterwards me and sonny went to PAknsave. mostly I did he just cause he had to drive me home XD I bought cheese sauce packets and pasta snacks for my relatives in Taiwan, I recall how much they liked them from last time. :)

--

yay! ok going now bye (That song, you know, that one about Mr. Brightside...it's a good one.)

No comments: