Friday, June 11, 2004

This morning, even though I didn't get to sleep until about 12:00 (although I physically went to bed at 10.15) I managed to haul my butt out of bed at 6:00 in the morning, feeling incredibly, incredibly tired and took a shower and chowed down breakfast and ran off to school for a band practice at 7.00 in the morning...;_;

To try and boost our spirits/energy, John (the singer) brough along these carboshot things, which is basically this extremely extremely high-inducing gel substance that tastes slightly better than glue...after eating about half a tube I felt like throwing up because it was just so...blerghg. But it did give me a crazy kick.

The rest of the day was pretty boring as usual, but after school there was the school "Rockfest", in which our band (Fist Full of Fives) was opening for...it was really really great, except that:

1. The smoke machine was a bit overused...I couldn't see the rest of the band at times.
2. I dropped my sticks while playing in a song....o_O I really hope that doesn't happen. Ever. Again.

But it was fun, even though again I have this crazy feeling that I've let the entire band down. Hmmmmm...

Yeah, the other two bands that were playing (44th Caliber, Gladdis) had wicked awesome drummers and I would give a lot of money to have even a little bit of the talent and drumming wickedness they had. I just feel like I'm letting my entire band down for some strange alien reason...maybe I am, maybe I'm not - who knows?

But Gladdis had a hard time since they were last (most of the crowd actually left after we stopped because those were the people who just hung around after school to see it for a bit and go home) and it was their first time playing publicly (I think) - and it really didn't help that they had technical difficulties. They dealt with it really well though, not panicking or anything.

We had a great crowd response. We got crowdsurfing (YEAH) and the most moshing (YEAH)...44th Calibre played a decent (but very dragged out and tedious set) I thought, but their drummer makes up for it all. \o/ It's so not fair, I swear there's a group of drummers hiding somewhere going "tee hee look how crap the drummer for Fist Full of Fives is compared to the other two bands te hee"

;_;

I hope this feeling passes. Maybe it's just because I dropped my sticks. I hope John can get the performance in house assembly organized so I can try and redeem myself from that horrible, horrible mistake.

Tomorrow I have to wake up early again -_- because of the DeCroy competition. But I'm not really worried/looking forward/caring about that...it's more the rockquest I'm psyched for. I REALLY REALLY WANT TO WIN IT IR REALLY RELAYRLEYALRY DO.

If I get through the heats I swear I will actually start taking lessons and find some time to practice. I just don't think it's fair for John, Tomo and Dave to be stuck with me at the current standard I am. ;_;

Yeah. That was depressing I'm sorry. Or maybe you're laughing at me, that's all good. Meh.

No comments: