Sunday, June 27, 2004

Oh man I am exhausted. I didn't get home after the after-after ball until 7.30 in the morning...and I slept until 5.00 in the evening. -_-

But it was a great time I thought. Much much better than last year anyway.

==The actual Ball itself==

So much better than last year! Even though the venue did seem a lot more crowded than last year (having a lot more people doesn't help) it was a great time. Things I remember:

+ Fake monopoly money used in the table centrepieces. (yes, fake monopoly money. Join me in saying "BWAHAHAH")
+ There were tables! More than two! People had room to sit down! The tables were nice, with a red felt throw over them.
+ Walking into the ball venue, red carpet! That cool music that they play at the Oscars when people arrive!
+ The cool bar place for drinks!
+ The music wasn't very good this year though...mostly techno/electronic drivel mixed with a few more pieces of shit like Britney Spears and Geri Halliwell.
+ But everyone loved my orange suit!
+ Seeing my photography teacher was kinda scary.
+ The food was great! Carved ham....cheesecake (which I ate upside down for no apparent reason), brandy snaps (which I don't really like anyway), banana cake with chocolate icing, lamingtons...mmm...and then there were the chips, samosas, chicken satays, sushi...a lot better than last year.
+ Sitting around in a table destroying the table piece and throwing cards around and the dice they hotglued to kebab sticks.
+ Watching Sonny go crazy.
+ Watching Brad go crazy.
+ BAND PHOTO!

Was it worth $80? Verdict: Yes, I suppose. Even though I didn't really do much for the night because I'm a loser and such, yes.

==The afterball!==

Didn't like the bus. Standing in buses when you're sleepy is poo. Especially when you're standing next to people who smell chronically like weed...or people who keep hassling your friends camera while singing Ben Lummis (you know who you are, you cunt) According to reports from my friends the set was exactly the same as last year, except in a different location (I'm not exactly sure but one of the parents said Onehunga and Tomo's cell said "Dresssmart") The alcoholic punch stuff was kinda diluted...which was strange. I don't think I had much at all, really. Five of those cranberry thingies. Only the slightest hint of alcohol. Still, was fun.

The portaloos at the place are funny. Those waterless hand sanitisers are really creepy...urghghg. And people who kick portaloos when people are still in there are just damn rude (not that I did it or had it done to me but I witnessed it happen enough to get a little annoyed) The lights were funky, and epileptic fit inducing.

And the burgers were nice! I hadn't had actual food in a while so I had to have two burgers. I could have gone for a lot more but I was too lazy to try and push through the huge conglomeration of people getting burgers.

I didn't really dance, no...I did for a bit but not enough to be justified or anything. I did sing a lot though. Well, relatively a lot. Anything is infinitely more than zero I suppose.

Yeah...and then I remember this story from Dion (the guy Kirsten took) about how his friend was killed by a machete over weed which is why he doesn't smoke it anymore. Yeah.

What else...oh the sand was nice. Though very bizzare, it was nice. It was probably covered in puke though.

And that was pretty much the afterball...like the ball itself except more partylike and less food and me getting progressively more tired.

The bus back to the Highland Park carpark was just as bad as getting to the afterball...

But Raymond's dad driving out a no-exit path was pretty kewl.

==after-afterball==

Here is where I am confused. I'm not sure whether this was great or not. It was nice being very tired in a room full of 50 odd people...I suppose. I remember playing with Ellens "MY FIRST PIANO" book (THANKS ELLEN)...yeah...and also Ryan sleeping in the doorway you silly Ryan you. And...I remember undoing my tie and helping Steven undo his (I actually tied my own tie this year, which was quite nice I suppose although it was a bit munted - no where near as gimpy looking as Willie's tie though, no offence) I remember John pulling the fingers at me because I woke him up. And then he kept scaring me with eyebrows.

I slept for four minutes at Ellen's after-afterball. Nodded off at 6.56, woke up at 7.00 when Ellen turned the light on and woke everyone up..tee hee

Ellen's mum nicely cooked everyone breakfast, I wish my parents were that cool. She liked me and Raymond's suits too which makes her EXTRA cool. Tee hee. I didn't have any food which I'm kind of regretting right now because it looked good and I was kinda hungry and I'm still kind of hungry now and I don't think I'll be seeing food that great until my mum gets back.

Yes. Then Raymond's mum gave me a lift home...and on the way back I saw the most incredible sunrise I'd seen in a very long time (I don't wake up early enough to see it usually) - it was a golden wash of brilliance. A great end to a great night.

And then I fell asleep when I got home and woke up at 5.00 in the afternoon. Come on give me a break I was up for almost 22 hours.

Now I'm hungry.

Damn I wish I had decent food right now...

No comments: