Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Hmm came back from a "band meeting". Kinda fixed up the original to make it more "fresh and new and youth of NZ music" (which is coincidentally what we wrote on our entry form to the Rockquest.

It appears that our band is most likely entered down under the Auckland heats. Yes.

I want a drum kit. I miss my red nice one in Malaysia...I really want to get it shipped out to New Zealand...but hey...hmm.

Yes. The sunsets are now a lot earlier in the morning and in the evening now...it's strange, we've had such brilliant ones recently...and the air's been a bit cold.

After the Chem exam earlier this morning I went to see "The Day After Tomorrow" which is extremely good and bad at the same time. (SPOILER WARNING, I WILL RUIN THE MOVIE FOR YOU IF YOU READ ON.) Good first:

+ Nice touchy feely family movie designed for an American audience

+ Fantastic touch of irony where the people are saved by books. Har har har.

The rest was pretty bad. It's just that it seemed so damn unreasonable...maybe it is feasible but if it was I doubt you'd be able to run away from freezing cold like the people in the movie did. Okay, I'll list all my complaints.

+ The damn painfully obvious American Patriotism. Look at the Statue of Liberty, and see how it stands after being hit by a fucking massive tidal wave! Look at the American flag waving so valiantly in the wind! It's so fantastic! (puke puke)

+ The entire movie is all that one guy's fault. The guy running the drill...I swear he actually did do something very stupid...and cause that huge chunk of ice cap to break off and melt, and disrupt the balance between fresh and salt water in the oceans and cause all this shit to happen all over the world!

+ That silly girl in the "main romantic interest" of the story. She was incredibly, INCREDIBLY stupid. If you cut your leg open trying to save a French lady, fair enough, but at least have the sense to get it looked into. I mean, how could she not have noticed how damn shitty it looked or felt? To ignore a cut for three days that severe was pretty stupid...if she had gotten it cleaned up she wouldn't have forced those three people to go into a ship and find some medicine for her - and as a result hurt some OTHER guy's leg.

+ You can't run away from "APPROACHING SUB ZERO TEMPERATURES!!!" (well, common sense dictates otherwise)...watching the people run away from the cold was just really funny for me to watch.

+ To be saved by some piddly fire created by burning books was kinda stupid...but not as bad as being saved by a shitty as gas burner in some Wendy's. The fire was so small and crap, it wouldn't have done anything other than waste fuel. Wouldn't the gas have frozen at that ridiculous temperature anyway? Hmm.

+ Fucking retard astronauts. What the hell do they not have, windows? (oh wait, they do) They actually need to be ASKED whether the sky's cleared up...you'd think sometime one of them would just happen to glance out the window and go "Hey look it looks clearer, let's do our job and tell the people down there it looks like it's clearing up" instead of floating around like dipshits and playing with each other or whatever they do to pass time in space...until they get asked to do something.

---

Sorry if I sound angry. I believe it was almost worth my $9 that I paid for it...almost. It was fun to laugh at and I suppose it was very touching in a very "I'm not American but if I was narrow minded like most of them were" way.

No comments: