Saturday, June 26, 2004

If you want a really bizarre experience let me recommend getting your hair cut in a hair salon which caters for customers who speak a different language to you. For example, English speaking in a Korean hair salon.

Okay okay I admit yes I went and got my hair cut at a Korean hair salon just then, and Sonny and his mum nicely dropped me off there and Sonny stayed to translate. It was just so bizarre, three people talking away in Korean and you standing there just going "uh...". Yeah..

But anyways I'm really happy with my new hair, although I'm still having to get used to my head being about half the weight it normally is. The hair is, kinda long, yet not really. It's a lot thinner. And comfy, yes. All for $10 which is cheaper than wherever Thomas was gonna take me so nyah nyah take that.

The ball is almost here. I'm kinda pseudo excited, it's just fun dressing up formally and seeing all your mates in dresses and suits. The list of things I've done in preparation so far are:

+ Get a ball ticket (duh)
+ Get an afterball ticket (duh)
+ Get invited to an after-afterball (hmm...)
+ Get transportation to the pre-ball.
+ Get transportation from the pre-ball to the ball.
+ Get transportation from the ball to the afterball.
+ Get transportation from the afterball to the after-afterball.
(here is where the transportation train stops - I don't know how I'm getting home from the after-afterball but I'm sure I'll figure that one out..)
+ Take a shower this morning (hurrah)
+ Shave (wasn't much but just to look extra extra clean shaven)
+ Get my hair cut
+ Get my suit altered

And the list could go on but I'm bored and more pressing matters are at hand.

To those going to the ball I'll see you there!

No comments: