Saturday, October 16, 2004

Today has been a great day for me.

Okay, sure, school wasn't very interesting. (I'm going in tomorrow in a lame attempt to do some Art Photography work ...which hopefully will help me out with my grades this year)

But after school was great. I've kinda worked out what I'm going to the leavers concert as...and my mum wants like eight tickets to the concert which makes me feel really stink but I'll probably get them on Monday.

And then at around 5ish there was the Intercultural Club "Night of Memories" (basically a glorified name for a prizegiving) and even though I did a horrible job this year (many apologies to Dala, I did warn you beforehand :P) I still managed to get a certificate. And an official school one too...which means that I can probably plonk it on my CV or something. And then there was this extremely extremely flamboyantly gay person in charge of the Spanish club or whatever - he was so funny to watch I was falling over laughing. Literally. I apologize, I don't mean to offend but I found it very funny. He told me and Sonny to blow up balloons. I didn't really want to cause I don't know how to tie them up after you blow them up. So I didn't. Just the way he spoke and walked was just oozing of gayness. I pity him actually, he must get ragged on quite often...not that wearing tight white shirts showing off your man-boobies is really helping your agenda, sir. And starting speeches with dodgy lines like "I like to make an opening", uh, well....yeah. Don't get me wrong I don't have anything against gay people it's just that it's quite funny to watch. Like an episode of Queer eye for the Straight Guy. Which is such a strange show cause the "straight guys" are pretty dubious in themselves.

anyway CONGRATULATIONS TO KAT BABY YOU WILL MAKE A FANTASTIC PRESIDENT!

The food before the prizegiving was good, too.

And when I got home...i found it. My baby. LAPTOP!!! IT's incredible. Everything about it is better than my current desktop computer (which my mum also brought to a computerstoreowningfriend of hers. He restored it to original DSE condition and it still doesn't work. His hypothesis is not some bullshit reason like DSE gave me, but he suggested the motherboard was probably almost burnt out. I'll send it in to DSE again to tell them.) Anyway back to the laptop. ITS SO AWESOME but I must take good care of it. I want it to last me all the way through university. Because I think it can. IT's such a wicked laptop...the LCD screen for it is larger than my desktop's monitor o_O and it's also really unique and cool because it's in "widescreen" format which means I get to watch DVDs properly. Comes with DVDrom drive (better than my desktop) video card with double the memory (128), not sure how much ram but I think it's a decent amount, double the number of USB ports and also they're all USB 2.0 I think (which is SO much faster. My iPod copies files over so much faster...)...it's got a carbon fibre shell which looks MEAN and the touchpad is pretty cool looking too and there's pretty blue lights that come up sometimes and there's a TV out and the screen resolution is better than my other computer's. The only place it loses out is in hard disk space which means I'm being very stringent and not installing many things onto it.

Oh i love it so. The keyboard is okay, typical for a laptop but it's like slightly translucent so you can see all the cool inner workings of the keyboard. There's also a whole lot of other shit on the side which I probably won't get to use like ever cause its so high tech, wireless lan, wireless whatever, card slots, some crazy "audio jukebox" function...oh laptop i love you so.

I'm currently moving all my shit from ipod to laptop. tomorrow morning ill probably plonk sibelius back on there which means that finally i can work on my music composition portfolio at home. I've got to get that done pretty soon, but I'll try to get Mr. Hamilton's approval on my latest two works. After that I think then there's one more...

12.00 midnight. William just came home. Being an arse about me playing pinball o_O I guess my blog ends here, then!

No comments: