Thursday, August 17, 2006

My headphones have died.

They've lasted me quite a while, too...I don't remember exactly when I got them but it must have been at least two years, now.

Yeah, quite a while ago...

Well I guess died isn't the right term, since they're still semi-functional. They've undergone the same process of slow destruction as William's old Sony ones (same model) - first, my left headphone (is that the singular term?) stopped working, and now the right one's gone kaput too. If I twist the wires randomly, sometimes the left one comes alive, sometimes they both do; at the moment I've only got the right one working.

Listening to Psappha by Xenakis. It's so crazy lol. Random percussive kinda thing.

This morning I finally called that 0800 number to get those random AA guys to get their regional guy to contact me for driver training (yay!)

I'm quasi-excited. I wonder if I've left it too late, or if I can actually get my license before my birthday ;_; But the lady on the 0800 number took my contact details and said the guy will call later tonight.

Oh man. That means I have to be at home, doesn't it. Oh...

Hmm.

Lucky I gave them my mobile.

Was gonna try go again tonight lol.

You should, you know.

Says you, Lan.


What else....

I exercised my AUSA right to vote today. It was actually quite funny, I only voted for one thing (craccum editor) - the rest of the people got no boxes (although I was tempted to put No Confidence in IAO).

Matty for the win - can't go wrong with the hater's guide. Sounds like a lot more fun than Marie-Taylor or wahtever. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that she wants to make it more intellecual or whatever, but whenever I read craccum I always read those articles last, as a final resort so I'm just voting for what I enjoy.

I got given a chupa chup (cola flavoured) for voting.

Sweet.

---

Don't you find computers amazing? Like...I just...I can't get my head around it. It's just wires and voltage but they do all sorts of things, just off the basic principle of true/false.

You know those massive thick cords and lines running around in the motherboard and stuff? There's a technical name for those. Buses.

Lol.

No comments: