Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I think in life there is only one true motivation; passion - and within it, there are two main types.

Firstly, there is what I think of as "staged passion"; people who fall under the sway of it tend to be vocal and proclaim such things like "WOW THAT JAMIE FOXX MOVIE IS COOL" after viewing the spectacular explosions, they then go and collect things for a while, and become miniature temporary experts on whatever they choose to chase in that moment.

Kind of like a sparkler - white hot in the middle with lots of arcs of light and hands, but rather juvenile and short lived.

Then, there is the silent passion. This is something which you do not even need to explain, because that's besides the point. These are more important. Because I say so. Fire of the soul or whatever.

What do you really want to do?

Ambitions. Dreams. These are the silent passions.

The strawberry milk, however, was not one.

---segue (here's a new word for you, sonny)

Eternal life. Is that the reward?

I don't know if it's because I'm weird or I'm biased-

probably both

but it doesn't seem like such a great thing. I think life is intoxicating its own right, but surely if you had it forever you would eventually get sick of it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being suicidal right at this moment - everyone's gonna die eventually so I might as well do with what I've got; but my point is, eternal life?

Isn't that like, zombies?

Maybe death isn't as bad as everyone thinks (or everyone seems to make me think). After all, nobody's hated it enough to cross to the other side.

---

BLAH ASSIGNMENT

No comments: