Friday, March 11, 2005

My mum has gone out. Her mobile keeps ringing. Do I pick it up, to save some irritated caller time, or do I leave it, to protect the privacy of her call? I never know. Damn moral dillemas...on one hand its an invasion of privacy, on the other you are wasting someone's time. Especially when you go to someone else's house to stay for an extended period of time, I don't know whether to pick up, or not. Hmm.

Anyway. My mum bought the piano! So now we have a piano. A lovely earthy brown Yamaha piano. A bit out of tune, especially lower register, but hey, a piano's a piano! Yay.

What happened today...basically, I'm really tired on Fridays because I have to wake up so early but today made up for making me wake up early by letting me listen to the Gothenburg Brass Band. Okay, fine, I'd never heard of them ever before, until today, but supposedly they are the best Brass Band in Sweden and won World Championships or whatever. And after listening to their performance of Peter Grahams' "Windows of the World"...I can see why. Totally, TOTALLY mindblowing. Didn't know brass instruments could do some of that stuff o_O Made up for some of the crap they were forced to play by some John Rimmer guy, who looks like Kim Jong Il. That Windows of the World thing was quite novel too, in its use of space...the players actually got up and walked around. It was totally awesome.

They were selling CDs afterwards, but none with that song on it which I totally totally loved. Wonder if they recorded it, the University. So it's not that I didn't want to buy a CD to support them, they're tototatally awesome, just that they didn't have what I wanted. :(

But they were awesome.

I am drinking Hey Song Sarsparilla, thinking of Taiwan, and oh yeah finally got that Black and White film printed yay! :) There's some nice shots on that film. Well, I think so anyway.

No comments: