Tuesday, September 14, 2004

My mum arrived back home today! YAY! The house is clean(er)! (by cleaner I don't mean disinfectant products or anything of that sort - just the state of things, and vacuumed carpet. You won't believe what a difference a good vacuuming will do to brighten up the spring in your step, in more ways than one)

Yes. So my mum is back home. She helped me cash in that cheque my dad sent in the mail. She also gave me a ride to work, a ride back home from work, cooked dinner and sliced fruit for dessert, tidied up my living room area, did the washing and washed the dishes.

All on her first day back.

You rock, mummy.

---

Speaking of rock, 99 Red Balloons as done by Goldfinger really kicks some serious booty. Great song, great song. Oh yeah, rock. Instead of band practice today which I really wanted to go to, I covered for somebody at work. I missed out my house duty but I'm sure Mr. Campbell will forgive me. I'll come up with some cover. Somehow.

---

Yes. Anyway, Sonny took me along to some random celebration thingy for him doing some 40 day religious programme thing. I got to witness first hand the inner workings of a religious group (other than Buddhism, which I have been overexposed to. Bias! Bias!). And I must say I am less than impressed. I would have expected more courtesy and respect to their leaders and mentors than I saw tonight...mostly the white-trash of society. Maybe I'm just saying that because the guy I was sitting next to was feeling my leg up. It was quite disturbing.

Yeah. I didn't really tell my mummy where I was going until just before I left, because my mummy would totally freak. (OH NOE IVE ALREADY LOST WILLIAM WHY YOU TOO) But don't worry mummy. I went to accompany Sonny because he invited me. I went, we watched a movie (The Italian Job, quite a good movie too) and got a free can of drink and chippies. You even ate a chippy mummy, because I took the packet home to share with you. See? You're not wretching on the floor. Respect!

Anyway. Yeah, I'm quite dissappointed at what the people were like. The leaders were nice. Sonny introduced me although it was nothing more than a required handshake. But at least they didn't feel up my leg and poke me and dress like five year olds with pants down at their toes. Yes. Jeff was there too.

Yeah. Anyway, at the end of the movie there was a quick prayer in which I probably looked like I was praying like everybody else but, uh, not to the same person. And also, there was mentions of "UPCOMING EVENTS!" EXCIETMENT EXCIETNEMNT! with such cool events as:

"A BALL!" (saturday)
"BEN LUMMIS!" (sunday)
"THAT OTHER JESSIE CHICK FROM NZ IDOL!" (friday)
"FRIDAY NIGHT SOME BAND THING!" (uh, friday)

Who could not be enticed? Oh, religion, you came so close today. Music. You hit the soft spot, you did. It's too bad I hate Ben Lummis and you contain white trash.

Wise move though - I'm glad you've moved away from the "YOURE GOING TO HELL AND GET BUTTFUCKED TEN TIMES OVER EVERY HOUR IF YOU DONT FOLLOW ME" because that's just scary.

Better luck next time!

No comments: