Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Came back from Napier yesterday, late afternoon - I was gonna blog, but then I realised I couldn't be fucked and watched TV instead. Then I fell asleep.

And then I woke up (today, Tuesday) and went - ITS THE FUCKIN HOLIDAYS!!!! WOOOOO

But anyway. I'll fill you in on what happened on the trip to Napier because you obviously have nothing better to do since you're reading my blog.

---

:Napier Trip:

Me and William and mummy woke up at the ridiculous hour of 7.00 on a Saturday to drive to Te Tuhi and board the coach bus to Napier. Oh, the coach bus was great - air conditioning, safety belts which nobody used, woolen headrests, ample luggage space, a toilet, curtains, etc. The driver was really friendly and helpful too.

Basically, Napier was fucking awesome - the Art Deco buildings were pretty cool and reminded me of Vice City for some unknown reason. When I get the photos back I'll scan them in and put them up. Napier was cool. The concert wasn't that great (not many people came at all) but it was good experience to play in a different venue (the cathedral we played in was huge, and had a large reverb and long decay, and it was hard to fill up all that acoustic space with sound)

Yes. The accomodation we had down there was fucking top notch - a tv in each suite, electric water kettle, pots and pans, wine glasses, microwave, cooking element, etc etc etc. It was depressing in a way that it was better than home as it had an iron and an ironing board.

The trip was awesome. There's just so much that happened and it's little things that make a whole great experience. I got to know the people a lot better on the long bus rides, shared the cost of an authentic felt fedora with William ($45 each)...and had a great time. I definitely won't hesistate to go on another music trip with the Academy of Strings.

--

Note to Sonny - I have played the Naruto PS2 game. Fuck it kicks ass.

No comments: