Sunday, May 22, 2005

My ears are semi-ringing. It's more pain than ringing.

Anyway, recap:

Academy rehearsal, exited half-way through. It was good, I didn't screw up badly this time and pull a face and everybody laugh. Hmm.

Then I got there and etc and me and Tomo got there etc and well was really confused etc cause apparently we needed to bring our own hi-hat as well etc blah blah wank wank setup and then we played...

And it was awesome fun. I screwed up many times, sure, as expected (my excuse is it makes it more, ahem, real >.>) but this time I didn't drop my drum-sticks! It can only get better from here! It was really fun.

Anyway. Then after we played went to Botany for a bit where tomo and brad had an after-performance beer and we just wound down again, and then went back to subject our ears to more noise etc...most bands had at least one good thing going for them, Alex Freer's Moby Dick...-_- I hate it because it's good =P (jealousy!) How does he repeat the sticking thing arrrr (Dave will know what im talkin bout) um I enjoyed Lastimes (except not really the vocals they were...really forced sounding and un-natural and...i dunno not my bag), Neverscent was good (vocalist again was a bit out of tune but had lots of energy etc so it was good), 44th...I dunno. For some reason didn't think Nikita was singing very well this set, may have just been the micing.

tim steele you are a dick

sorry but it had to be said. is it THAT FUCKING HARD to copy ONE FUCKING PICTURE and put it up while we play? its a small thing but its a big thing at the same time. i know you were busy and all but -_- dude, you did a video for neverscent. disappointment in my digital voice apparent? i hope so

THANK YOU everybody who turned up to support us

um, yeah and then the last band was Sonic who were really really good and polished and professional. The most sad and disappointing thing was that the number of people, well, if you thought there weren't many to begin with, by the time Sonic was up (and they really should have been the highlight/main act for everybody who was planning to come anyway) there was pretty much a handful of people and most of the bands left over.

But sonic was really nice and polished. I would have bought the EP but I didn't have $10 on me. What a talent, Ms. Hartnett-clark. Does Judo or whatever, taught Geography, AND sings well. and plays bass and guitar. crazy. But they were really good, they had a really good guitarist/backing vocalist too, and their drummer helped me out when i was setting up which was really nice of him and he lent me hi-hat because i didnt know i needed it etc

Oh yeah Raymond i think you left but yeah uh I brought a CD for you but forgot to give it to you :( So ill pass it to you some other time then

arr

I am amped yet really tired. I've never played so fast before. ITs annoying, I played holiday WAAAAY too fast. And I would just like to take a moment to blame all my mistakes on the hi hat which was too high and i couldnt adjust. and also, the vocal mic was always too low, esp. for Sonic couldn't hear much of it (but it was good) yeah yeah

Um...yeah.

So, it was wicked fun. Would love to do more!!! (are you having a party do you want a live band hey hey talk to us)

---

The next thing coming up is...tomorrows Academy concert ;_; come if you want >.>

and uh also recording mainz at 2nd June Thursday, um, and I have assignments due and...arrrr

ok

im tired bye

No comments: