Sunday, May 01, 2005

The Butterfly Effect: What a stunning movie.

Seriously. It just ties together so cohesively, (I think I was watching the director's cut) and the ending is perfect - none of this contrived-for-bimbo-blonde-audience...there's a lot of substance in that film.

The actors were stunning. The mini-kid maincharacter impressed me the most, when he's "possessed" as the guy in the future going back in time (makes more sense when you watch the movie). Fantastic stuff. (I'm probably only impressed because he says "fuckbag" like, five times).

So, time travel eh? Butterfly effect, eh? Chaos Theory, eh?

Unpredictability of outcome based on slight change in initial conditions?

Maybe the world we live in is the only one that exists for a reason?

I mean, if you could go back in time, would you eventually end up in a world where you couldn't?

Are these questions dumb?

Has a nice soundtrack. Stunning movie. I will go buy the DVD sometime. The Director's Cut version. I like the directors. Watched the movie with the audio-commentary on as well. (what is it with two writer/director teams making good movies, the last one I enjoyed was Shaun of the Dead which was also by two people)...

Amazing soundtrack.

Thank you Charlotte for lending it to me!

No comments: