Monday, May 17, 2004

Damn Americans make things so much harder for the rest of the world.

I mean, I'm not trying to be countryist, but with a country with a leader who think's he's the prodigal second coming to "cleanse the world of the horrible horrible axis of evilness which for some miraculous reason excludes America and its weapons of mass destruction", it's really hard for me not to have an instant bias. But (I'm not sure if I've already posted this rant before, but oh well) my hatred for America comes from a long long observation. Pre-war. Pre 911 (and again, I don't mean to be a shit but boo hoo you lost big towers, who gives. Many people in Africa lose their lives every day I don't see anyone else moaning about it. Very hypocritical to only feel the suffering when it directly affects you.)

Um, where was I...oh yes. Why I hate America.

1. They (majority that I've met and base my opinion on) are stubborn like cocks. Examples are:

-Imperial/metric system. There is a very good reason why THE REST OF THE WORLD uses the metric system. It's because our whole fucking number system is in base 10, and so is the metric system. Of course, being American and all they're such a big and important country that it doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks, America is always right. This leads to retarded tourists who ask questions like "1.5 litres of L&P? How many gallons is that?!"

-Driving. Why oh why is America driving on the left? Is it just to spite Europe? I am quite disappointed Taiwan and Japan joined America in this (and probably some other countries too - but all of them probably got bribed) - but..you know, you'd save a lot of people who travel internationally who die in car accidents which come about from frequent changes in road side. Maybe.

-Light switches. ..Why up? Why fight gravity? Why?!

-Dating method (no, not the romantic interpersonal kind) - Most of the rest of the world uses the convention Day - Month - Year. Why aren't you?

-Spelling/English. There is a very good reason why English is called English. It's because it comes from England. Now, why America has the authority to completely fuck it up I have no idea. A lift? Is it because people couldn't remember how to spell elevator? And what's with this lazy dropping of double letters and letters, like in colour and kidnapped?

America comes off to me as the "voraciously independent and rebellious pimply-faced angst teen who wants to make a stand against the violent oppression upon their "creativity" and "freedoms". I mean, goddammit kid, we put food on your family, leave us alone. -_-

2. You stick your nose in other people's shit. I bet 911 really woke you guys up, huh? I mean, I'm very sorry that you lost people and all that but is that what it really takes to get you to start thinking about terrorism? Like Maddox's opinion on Christopher Reeve I think you are being a shit. I believe, and this is probably mostly wrong but it wouldn't surprise me either if I was correct, that America's only going after terrorists for it's own sake and not on anyone elses. "Look, our little trade corrupted building got bombed! Let's make sure we can keep all the money in America and kill all the other terrorists! Who gives a fuck if we're going against the UN, we'll do it anyway!" Without 911 would America have suddenly gone "OH MY GOD THERE IS TERRORISM LETS GO KILL IT?" I bet not. Oh wait, that wasn't my original point.

Like, Israel and Palestine peace talks. Why is it suddenly very special when an American President goes over there to try and talk with them two? Is it any of your business that they are fighting? I mean, hell, you probably make a killing selling both sides weapons or something. And Vietnam. May I ask, what the hell? And most recently, Iraq. Why did you all of a sudden decide to go after Iraq? Weapons of mass destruction? You should be bombing the crap out of yourselves first. Because Saddam was being an "evil dicator and being righteous and just America" you go and usuper him and then place your own political shit there? I bet you were after the oil. Or maybe you enjoy bombing civilians, who knows.

Yeah, it's a lot of pent-up Anti-American anger. Don't get me wrong, I think America has it's merits too. I mean, they basically pioneered fast food. Where would we be today without the modern miracles of fast food? (Well, we'd be off our lazy ass and into the kitchen for a start but that's a different story). America after all is home of Jazz. I am eternally grateful for that. A few bad (or maybe a bit over a few) events just make you come off as a country that as my Physics teacher nicely puts, "can't see beyond its own borders".

No comments: