Tuesday, May 09, 2006

After a long and dreary boring day, full of neighbour chords, hidden classes and MediaTracker, it is 4:48pm.

It is raining.

I am not looking forward to the bus ride home. I woke up way too early. Slept too late. Whatever. You know when you sit there and you know you should be working on, say, your assignments which are crazily due soon...but you don't do them?

Yeah. That happened to me this entire morning. I'm sorry Ajita. I tried to work on the Assignment I did, but helping Thomas made me feel better cause y'know I actually know what he's doing (CS101 harrr)

And then I look at my own CS assignment and balk. Yuck.

I have to download a 100mb file when I get home.

I'm sick of University. If you crazy psycho uni people are tracking my keystrokes, now you know the truth. I hate you to the core. I pay lots of money, to be annoyed.

Although I must admit, Java is rather interesting.

Fiona McAlpine, is another matter (if she was a programming language, I'd call her Logo (haha nerdy joke, WIKIPEDIA)

But would I pay all that money to do stuff I don't want to do when I'm lazy?

Maybe. Maybe not.

I think maybe the point of University is not really about the learning, but the experience.

No, not the stupid "wild parties and fraternities" like they do across the Atlantic, which are probably exaggerated anyway (movie vision is not truth).

The experience of sitting awkwardly in class when a tutor asks a really obvious question, so obvious that nobody can be bothered answering - that's legend.

But would you pay thousands?

---

You can obviously tell this post was created because I got kicked out of the computer tutorial lab after the tutorial finished (which is fair enough) and I moved to the info commons where I can't do any of that programmy stuff and really, I could have gone to the CS labs but then I would have to transfer all the files when I get home anyway and WHEN I GET HOME I HAVE TO RECORD MUSIC AND DO ASSIGNMENT AND DOWNLOAD A 100MB FILE. I'm just wasting time until 5pm.

Hey look. It's 4:54pm.

No comments: