Thursday, December 30, 2004

Hello. I haven't blogged in a while. You may pick a lame excuse from the list:

1) I have decided Rikky is my hero and I will attempt to only blog at intervals such as monthly.
2) I got attacked by my dog and just came back from the hospital.
3) Malaysian internet service providers are crap.
4) I nearly died in the Tsunami and needed some time to contemplate life.
5) I have no hands.

---

Anyway, speaking of Tsunami, I'm okay, so is Sonny, thanks for you lovely people emailin us to make sure we are okay. <3 The following things have happened so far:

1.

One of the days I woke up and had breakfast. It was nice! Cereal. Something you don't expect in a country with produces as much fresh milk as the human bladder can contain in a day (2 cups, thank you Cranium) ANYWYA the point I wanna make is that I found it slightly ironic that I fly all the way to Malaysia to eat cereal with milk imported from New Zealand.

2.

Fed my dog. And the other three. I can't help but be biased, I mean, come on, Red's my dog. And plus. He's cool, he has cool ears. And he's the largest. And plus. He's cool. Don't gimme that equality crap ;_;

3.

My dad has disagreed to me trying to ship the Drum Kit over. I still feel the pang of guilt at letting the drum kit sit in the clinic and rot, but at least I asked. I didn't really pay for the drum kit...I did try to tell my dad it would be put to much better use overseas but...if he wants to leave an investment collecting dust in an obscure room in his clinic, that's not my decision/problem.

3a.

I have noticed how my parents don't seem to understand why I don't really feel like playing the drums when it's here. I try to explain but somehow the concept is perhaps...too foreign. I play the drums _in a band_. That is, with other people. It's sociable! You get the awesome feeling that together you are doing something, you are creating something that is uniquely yours. It's awesome. And thats why I wanna stay in the band, and I can't really be of any use without a drum kit. El comprende. Performing music as a group just doesn't come close to playing in a dusty room by yourself. And plus, just drums? Doesn't really work well unless you're an expert and I'm no expert.

4.

Sonny says I hit my keyboard too hard when I type. I say that is how I type.

5.

Me and Sonny are going to Singapore! Even more unique is that he's gonna spend his 18th there! I doubt he will visit a pub or anything though, much less get drunk. But still! I have to secretly buy a cake. >.>

6.

My Term Deposit(s) in Malaysia reached maturity a couple of days ago - I had two, one of $1000 and another of $3000...I took all the money out and had all this cash, it was awesome :D Tee hee I love notes. But, the interest is disappointing. It was a term deposit. 3.7%. Now, allow me to point out that as far as I know, that's pretty lousy for a term deposit in New Zealand. Heck, some saving accounts give you like 5, don't they? ;_; oh well. It's Malaysia, what can you do.

7.

I am still worried about University. ;_; Will I really get in ;_; ;_; Sonny tells me not to worry but I can't help it, what if I completely bombed out in my exams and didn't realise it? My dad gave me a present for entering University. A bit premature, I think. I won't open it until I know I've got in...;_;

8.

I'm going to Taiwan!

9.

New Year is coming up soon. I won't live to see another palindromic year though!

10.

Dan Brown is a great author - Angels and Demons was an enthralling read, I really couldn't put it down. One of the reasons why I'm so tired cause I stayed up last couple of nights trying to read more and more of it.

11.

Hello Simon's Travelling Troupe, hope you enjoyed/are enjoying your time in Taupo.


---

Mkay that's about all I can remember, or at least all the interesting things I remember anyway. This blog would get crap fast if every day I posted stuff like "I woke up, walked 10 steps, turned left, down stairs, etc."

Keep safe everyone.

No comments: