Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Hello there. I haven't blogged in a couple of days because I've been in Kuala Lumpur, which is the capital of Malaysia - apart from the airport, I had never really been in KL before. It is so much better than my hometown ;_; (it's like the difference between Auckland and Arrowtown...)

I was gonna make a big blog post, but I'm lazy and tired and we're about to all watch dodgeball. So, random points:

1) Shaolin Kung-fu demonstration. Y'know hero? The sword-fighting stuff? It's possible to do most of it in real life. I saw it! I saw it I did, real life! Spear = <3 mmmm at the same stadium where we watched that there was also a TRUE lion dance (which is, i hate to say, on a much much much higher level than anything Macleans could pull off in the forseeable future), and a 24 drum troupe. Hurray for drumming and triplets!

2) KL has trains and monorail. Auckland should too. If MALAYSIA can have rail, Auckland should have no problem.

3) Sonny likes the street food here :D

4) I bought some dvds, a really cool jigsaw puzzle imported from Japan, and some other stuff...like some arts and crafsts stuff.

Yup. Also visited the tallest Twin Buildings in the world, and stuff.

T'was good.

OH and the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra is way better than I'd ever imagine...NZSO standard, if not higher...and I bought some traditional Malay formal wear for that concert :D

I've cut my hair now, because my brother and mum keep nagging on how "if you wanna have long hair you gotta take care of it properly etcetc brush comb style brush brush tidy"...and my dad said really unsubtly "cut it, you". so i figure, if i leave it long im being selfish. so i cut it. it's spiked at the moment, i got some styling poo as well...it's...different. Check my brother's blog for some photos, and I might find a photo of my new hair, sometime. :P

Well. thats about it. duinno what else to say, other than hello everybody hope you're all having fun, cause I know I am!

peace

No comments: