Saturday, November 27, 2004

Okay, I have a lot to blog about. I have to type it all out before I fall asleep and forget the absolutely fantastical last 40 or so hours I have been awake.

1) Art Exam. Finished. I'm done. No more art. Only one more exam to go, music, three hours, then I'm seriously done. Forever.

2) Graduation Dinner

This was held at the Ellerslie Convention Centre, it was great. Kind of like a "mini-ball", only without dancing...and with actual food. It was good, the food, actually. I only took one plate of it because I was too stupid to realise that you could go for seconds but I wasn't terribly hungry anyway. The evening was enjoyable, food was good...shaking hands with the teachers at the end was interesting...one of the final times I'll ever see some of those fantastic people, like Dr. H and Miss Rowbotham. Had the potential to be disasterously teary, but luckily there were a lot of filler teachers who I have never ever seen before and we shake hands just because we "have to" and they say "Thank you good luck for the future" blah blah blah without knowing anything about you. Sonny managed to fool a lot of teachers into thinking for a second by saying things like "I really liked your class" to teachers who never taught him. I would have done it too but he was before me, and it's like the boy who cried wolf.

Anyway. Graduation Dinner over, officially my association with Macleans is over. (There is however, still my exam, and I kind of still need my uniform, but there is a huge rip in my right shoulder leading down. Hrm.)

Before grad dinner, me Chris Simon Janko David group headed off, got some food...sat at the back of the church near Mobil Corner, and I ate a deep-fried moro bar (ooooooh) and one of the better burgers I've had in my life. Delectable.

Okay, I'm not doing things in order...okay....okay, after graduation dinner we ordered a mini-van taxi to take about 9 people back to their homes. By people I mean Sarah Jayne had to go back to her place, and Raymond wanted to go to Main Street cause he's 18 and it's the cool thing to do or whatever. The rest of us (me David Simon Janko Charlotte Julia Sonny) went back to David's house to crash for the night. First time I've been in his house, it's nice and tidy (which is something I can't say about my house)...and he has a piano. Instant cool points, a piano.

We stayed up for the entire night, played random board games (Cluedo) and a game called "Taboo" which is incredibly fun. I wasn't very good at it but it didn't matter. ALSO we watched The Wedding Singer which I hadn't seen before and it was quite funny, really. I had a great time, and in the morning when his parents and sister were awake and weren't going to get annoyed like crazy, we played Singstar until we got bored of it. Well, we doesn't include Charlotte who didn't want to sing, and Julia, who was sleeping. I can't wait to get the second Singstar CD, which has a lot of songs that I actually DO know.

Somewhere around 3am as well, Bernard had arrived at Davids house and he took some of us to Dennys (the rest of the people took a taxi) and we ate a really really really early breakfast there. I ordered a mushroom cheese burger. Tasted great, not too enthused about the price though, but I'm sure I will get over it. Yes. We also picked up Raymond on the way, and brought him to Dennys and back to David's after.

So okay, morning, David's house. Singstar, and some people left slowly...like Janko, Bern, Sonny had an exam (gutted), etc...in the end it was just me David Simon and Julia, and we had toast. Buttered toast, with clover honey, if you care. Mmmm. Honey. (bread reminds me of the fact that I didn't work this week though -_-) Then since Simon had to go to Botany to buy some art supplies and David had to get a present for somebody, I tagged along too because I have nothing better to do. We walked past Julia's house and dropped all her stuff off, and then ran to the bus stop to make the connector to Botany JUST in time to make it.

The connector bus is actually really cheap...in my opinion anyway, not that I have a broad sample base of knowledge to draw upon but it seems like it. To get to botany by taxi would cost a lot more than 80c. I must remember to use buses more often. We pay taxes, don't we?

In Botany, we walked around, did stuff...first to get some food for Simon cause he was hungry (he ordered some McDonalds but really couldn't handle the poison that it is, so we ate a few fries for him and left the rest for some random hobo to come across, or something) and then to Whitcoulls to get his Art Supplies, then to a 2 dollar shop to look for David's present, and then to New World to buy a drink for me cause I was thirsty. Then Simon tripped to the Warehouse to buy the new U2 album at a price that isn't ridiculous (ie Sounds), and by that time Michael had caught up with us. David then got a ride home from his dad and me Simon and Michael were sitting in Starbucks. Yes. Starbucks. I've personally never eaten anything in Starbucks and I don't intend on starting but Michael had a pie of some description. Anyway, we were sitting there and Michael's dad was gonna give me a lift home but then Thomas and Tineke walked past the window and I banged on the window and they looked in and entered and we talked and it turns out that they were on their way home so they gave me a lift home.

Upon reaching home, I went to sleep. This lasted an hour. And then, I woke up, somehow managed to eat dinner (which was nice, thanks mum, kinda fried ricey stuff with diced chicken) and take a shower...and it was good. And thus ends my great Graduation Dinner Adventure.

IT WAS GOOD

I have had such a great 40 or so hours, guys. Honestly. It's been so much fun. Thank you all. Especially you. Yes, you. You know who you are, you.

No comments: