Friday, March 19, 2004

This is something which I think should have been done quite a long time ago. Read the email I sent to Oxford University Press to understand.

Dear Oxford University Press:

I am a Year 13 NZ Student from Macleans College currently studying A Level Physics, and my school has adopted the use of your "AS and A Level Physics through Diagrams" textbook which I have found very useful and informative, with easy to understand language and informative explanatory diagrams. However, me and all the other students using the textbook have one major query about the textbook, which is "Why does it smell like fish"? Our Physics teacher upon being questioned replied that our school paid extra for the fish smell option, which we find rather strange. Do your textbooks offer a different range of smells in different price ranges? Is it the binder's glue that is the cause of the smell that is distinctly fishy? Or is it perhaps the ink on the paper, or the paper itself? Regardless, every time after a period of Physics in school I get a minor headache from the odour of the textbook, and leaving in my bag causes my entire bag to smell reminiscent of a fish-market.

If this is a printing error, can you please resolve it so that other future students, teachers and users of the textbook will not be subject to the smell of decaying animal matter whenever they need to look up the theory behind circular motion? I am sure they will all be grateful to own a copy of your great textbook which does not smell like fish.



Regards,

Henry Chong


Yes, word up to my Physics Class. \o/

No comments: