Monday, November 19, 2007

So I was having a really bad day: put on Calendar Kiosk again (it's like being banished from the store, it really sucks) and also having heaps of difficulty getting time off from work to go on the PaperclipTrip (since they won't give me the days, I had to find people to swap shifts with and it was really stressing me out) and I was just in a really foul mood...

but then!

Holly came along and offered to take one shift and was really nice, and then I found the opposite of OGL (old german lady, bane of music students everywhere) - NGL was formed! It was just this German lady (actually she wasn't that old, less than OGL but like 40 50 maybe and ANYWAY), and she was walking around with a notebook jotting stuff down...at first because I was still in a semi-foul mood I thought she was from a competitor taking notes or something but it turned out she was just writing down the names of calendars she liked so she could come back and buy some on Thursday...we ended up talking and it was a really lovely conversation, about students and my name and how she likes it and Henry James the poet and what an Engagement Calendar was...really gave me the uplift I needed to get through the day.


Here's hoping I don't get CK for the whole day again tomorrow....

No comments: