Sunday, September 02, 2007

Man, I am exhausted...

early mornings are not good if they are in a row and if you are on holiday and want to sleep in, dammit.

Well, only one more early start tomorrow until I can sleep in...car needs to go in on Monday, and then Tuesday WOOO i can sleep in

I rode my bike today, finally got sick of my own lame excuses (oh it might rain oh you might stall oh it might be dark when you get back)

well guess what

It rained, I DID stall (three times, once right outside Sylvia park's exit onto Carbine Rd with about 5 cars behind me...and then once at home and once on the pakuranga highway), and it was dark when I got home.

And it was fun. Oh man. David you think driving a car is fun, try a motorbike. just turning feels cool, and you feel every little bit of the road through you; not that it's a crazy uncomfortable bumping spree, but you know every inch of the surface like you don't get through a car.

But yeah. I don't care about the people who were inconvenienced behind me. (embarrassingly) I've gotten really good at wheeling my bike out of the way after stalling (clutch in, roll!) And also, really good at restarting in first gear. And anyway, I didn't block up the roads for that wrong. I did realise that I had stalled lol and I got out of people's way asap. And plus I have the big L PLATE immunity. Beep all you want, but you're beeping at someone who already knows they deserved to be beeped at so you get no satisfaction as your beeping won't be conducive to any sort of improved behaviour!

There is something wrong with my bike though, I think. It likes stalling even when I stop properly (slow down, pop clutch in, change gear down to 1, hold clutch in). Hopefully it's not really a problem. I mean, it's fine when I'm on the South Eastern (and god that is scary if you sit back and think about it, the wind is heaps strong, etc) but if I have to stop, it likes to die on me. It's only at 50ks and the first service is at 1000km.

Maybe I just need to break it in more.

No comments: