Thursday, January 08, 2004

EPISODE TWENTY ONE: Only in Taiwan.

Only in Taiwan can you get really silly brand names and models. Examples:

KYMCO Spanker (A Motorcycle)
Is Coffee (A coffee shop...)
Wanko (Women's clothing brand)
Hung Tent (Guy's clothing brand)

There's also an abundance of horribly done English translations, which never cease to be amusing, but I suppose that is in the inherent nature of the chinese language. For example, key translated to Chinese and back into English could potentially turn into "want to die". Yeah.

Interesting side note, my mum plays the piano (well, played, she hasn't practiced since raising us bothersome kids) and learn it since she was really small. I learnt today that in this house I'm living in is the oldest Yamaha piano in public in Taiwan...and the same piano has been all over Taiwan. It's so crazy! It's so cool! It's so totally awesome and cool! I never knew this, but now I know. So many interesting stories.

In other news, McDonalds has taken it too far. What the hell is with this "I'm Loving It" shit? I mean, all over the world, the ads are all lame, stereotypical and have crap rap music. (you can't spell crap without rap). I want to see local stuff, not some white guy dancing on TV.

Yes. My cousin has come home. He comes home like way earlier nowadays, must be exams. I have also been downloading LOTS of music, including:

Symphony of Evangelion (Two CDs)
Cowboy Bebop OSTS (Five CDs)
Chobits (One CD)
Lots of random other stuff.

I still haven't been able to find an mp3 of Virtue by Jesse Cook though. That's a nice song. I've also utilised this HI SPEED INTERNETTAGE and grabbed some soundfonts to use back in New Zealand.

I don't want to leave Taiwan! If I didn't get that extension, then I wouldn't be here right now, I'd be on a plane. These days I'm going to miss.

No comments: