Monday, January 05, 2004

EPISODE NINETEEN: Naked and wet, just the way I like it.

Hmm. A lot to say, since a lot has happened while I was at Hua Lien (there was a Netcafe there but I didn't have enough time to whip out a blog that would require the monster treatment you're about to receive). Anyway to help me out I wrote little one line or one word things while I was there at Hua Lien.

Magic Cable TV

Okay, it's crazy, I admit, a crazy cool. Even in a backcountry place in Hua Lien you get the magic of over 70 channels to vegetate to. It's impossibly cool and impossibly hard to choose a TV channel (then again I only watch AXN cause the other channels all mainly have chinese which is harder for me to listen to...thank goodness for C.S.I.)


90 years - pottery?


In Hua Lien I lived in my mother's brother's wife's father's friend's wife's mother's house. (That's a mouthful. Not that kind of mouthful, get your mind out of the gutter...) She's like 90 but sure doesn't act or look it. She makes mean pottery stuff, which rivals the works of probably 95% of the adults out there. You should be ashamed, 95% of adults, you really should be. Normally she lives by herself and she cooks cleans and feeds her two cats...at the age of 90. It's crazy, I tell you.

Naked and old

In Hua Lien I went to a hot spring for a nice relaxing soak. It would have been more relaxing if I wasn't totally naked and surrounded by old people...other than the invasion of privacy (which I think is pretty over-rated anyway), it was actually really relaxing and nice. All Japanesey feely too (I was told it's all the rage to get naked and sit in hot water there by my mother's brother's wife...is that my aunt?) And after the hot water, the gentle mountain breeze feels sooooo much better and my skin was like all smooth and stuff. Yeah. It was a very unique experience.

Japanese sleeps

At the house in Hua Lien I slept on a wooden floor with mattressess (is that how you spell it?) and pillows all Japanesey. It's too bad that after the first night out of three my sleep was ruined by two people who joined the gathering and their really loud snoring. One would start, then stop and be followed by the other. On the last night I couldn't take any more and instead of trying to sleep I got up and watched C.S.I. instead...I should really be sleeping rather than typing this but hey.)

Edibles

The house was also stocked with a veritable wealth of culinary delights too. Homecooked chicken (always good) and my two favourites, fruit drops (Grave of the fireflies style! I'm keeping them as a memento) and liquer chocolates (comes in different flavours, like Scottish Whiskey, Russian Vodka, etc.) Then there was the hand-made mua-chee (like...kinda like...I can't describe it, its like paste that's sticky and has a filling...bleh.) and also some un-named sweet snack covered in your choice of things (I only got to try sesame seeds, but I heard peanut is good too)

You thought a pegleg was bad

At the hand-made mua-chee shop (which was run by my mother's brother's wife's father's brother's son's best friend or something like that...) I met a three legged dog and his kid. So cute the puppy was, and so damn cool was the three legged dog. I got photos with it, but unfortunately I can't get them online yet. I might one day. Maybe. It actually has four legs, the said dog, but one of them is permanently mangled but he uses it as a portable support. I fully respect that dog for being able to walk with three legs. It's amazing.

Brotherhood

On a bus to a National Park in Hua Lien, there was this kid and his brother...I'm guessing they were about 6 and 12, roughly. I played around with the kid (oi, out of the gutter) and gave him candy cause he made my day. His brother very politely thanked me and they got off the bus a long time before I did. I so fully respect the bond between the two. R - e - s - p - e - c - t. I hope my candy goes to good use, they looked like they needed it more than I did, and maybe they will change the world. Or maybe they'll end up on the dole, who knows.

Seven star lake

I went to one of the beaches in the Hua Lien area as well. Taiwan has really awesome beaches! None of that pussy mundane sandy shit. It was hard core rocks and all and the waves were awesome and the water an awesome shade of blue. I want to go back there again...I did take away four rocks with me as a souvenier. And also have photos, but not available photos.

...

Yeah. I think that's it. Shit I spent like half an hour typing that. Oh well.

Oh yeah, I also bought S2 works which is like...ALL the Neon Genesis Evangelion music. It's so awesome. It's so awesome. My cousin (?) bought it for me and wouldn't let me pay him back so I suppose its a gift. I'm burning him a copy of all 7 cds because he doesn't have a copy...and plus he did pay for it. Or something.

bleh.

I'm sleepy. Bye bye.

No comments: