Monday, July 26, 2004

Today was mildly interesting. Points to ponder:

Band practice at lunchtime (or about half of it to be exact, Alex of 44th Calibre fame and some other people he was practicing with for some NCEA Assessment took the first half)...I can "kind of" play the drum part to The Vines - "Get Free" but as for John singing it, that's a different question. We also kind of tried "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", the Me First and the Gimme Gimmes version (they are a very wicked band by the way, if anyone is stuck on what to get me for a birthday present, there's a great hint for you)

[Consequential tangent: Birthdays are just really an excuse to have a party and get presents. I don't seriously believe that I can wake up one day and suddenly learn and grow a year's worth of learning and growing. Of course, corporate giants love to cash in on birthdays. Especially Hallmark and all those other greeting card bastards. Same with Halloween. Same with Valentines.]

I also listened in to J.A.C.K.'s practice after school. They're getting along pretty well for being together in such a short time and the fact that half of the people don't actually play the/any instruments. If I had to pick a weak link it would be Kate though (sorry, I can't tell this to you in person I'd be the crappest person to break it to you), who's probably alright on guitar but isn't really in time with the rest of the band. But meh.

Listening in to J.A.C.K. made me late coming home and I found my mum making dinner (which was dumpling thingies which she was making, thanks mum) [Talking about food, I made my own lunch today again. I feel like such a grown up now. HAH! And Tomo it turns out I don't have as many of those pineapple cakes as I originally thought I did.]

Got meningitis today. Or rather, a form which my mum has to sign if she wants me to get the meningitis vaccine. Supposedly it's a really poo vaccine and makes you feel really rotten but that probably means a day off. Something that would be nice but not something I can probably afford, what with exams coming up (yet again) and my photography board due.

Rikky passed me these CDs he bought at The Warehouse. I'm busy ripping them like a nice little pirate. I have to pay him some amount though to share the cost, or something. I'll be listening to them later to pick out a song or something.

Also, just then (well actually about half an hour ago) Taryn from the Howick Recreation Centre called and offered me a working spot for Wednesday's After School care. I'm excited. I had originally wanted to do this before but Sonny had taken two slots. Now that he's dropped one though he recommended me (thanks bro) and hopefully I can do a good job in his place.

It's pretty convenient that he dropped the Wednesday one as well because that's the only day I can reasonably make it to the Centre in time as I have study last period which means I'll be walking from school to the centre at around 2pm. I'm sure the teachers will understand that earning some dosh for myself is more important than sitting around, unsupervised trying to "study".

...wow, I wrote a lot. o_O

No comments: