Thursday, July 22, 2004

The entire universe is one very big, delicate balance. The government taxes - the people lose money, but earn services. The government loses debt, but earns contempt.

Today was a balanced day (although I personally felt it tipped nicely to the positive side)

=Positive=

The biggest would probably be the Talent Quest singing heats. J-Bo aka John Boden, the amazing singing machine, got through in all three categories but me, Rikky and Sonny made it through to the group singing finals (which I suppose was fair enough we did spend a lot of time practicing - the curry and Seinfeld was a very good bonus of that though....no soup for you!) It was very fun performing to a pretty large crowd, and it was nice to see that people started clapping of their own accord in time to the music (or at least I had no hand in it - pun intended)  and although Rikky forgot a few words and I wasn't perfect either, it was great. (THANKS FOR THE SIGN ELLEN I SAW IT AND I WAS LIKE YUS THANKS)

Also, in the morning before all of the Talent Questing, there was the Year 13 photo. I'm probably going to purchase a copy sheerly for the novelty that I can say "it rained while that photo was been taken". How many students can say that? Not many, if any.

And even more coincidentally, the other photo I had at 9.25 for the Musical Production was rained on as well. It didn't stop raining so the photo was taken in the rain. That's even more novel...but I suppose I'd relate better to the whole of Year 13 than the Musical Production.

Maybe.

Another thought just came up. I hate the whole duality of Year/Form...it's hard enough for me to remember that Year 9 is the equivalent of Form 3, let alone take into account that Australians are back one Form or something silly like that.

=Negative=

Home family issues, same as usual. I didn't "make" my lunch this morning although I did pour my own juice into a drink bottle which served as a practice microphone for the performance (in which I wasn't accustomed to using a microphone...but it's all over and done now......oh wait, we have to pick a song now. Damn.) It rained while I was walking home with Janko and the red tie I was wearing got quite wet.

Also, I forgot to bring my brother's guitar back home. Come to think about it I forgot to ask him whether Sonny could borrow it. But I suppose he really wouldn't care considering he wasn't very supportive of me entering the Talent Quest anyway (ie "uh, what are you singing, you're not a singer, you're going to lose"...I may be paraphrasing slightly though) There's also another negative that relates to the guitar but...only Sonny and Rikky know what I'm talking about.

---

I've finished reading Tiger in the Well by Philip Pullman. I found it a lot longer but just as rewarding as its predecessor, Shadow in the North (needless to say I was very pleased when I found that Shadow in the North was the second part of a series...) I've still got one or two books left in that batch I've got. Once I finish I've got books requested at the library however, so I'll be able to keep going. I wonder when I'll get sick of reading. Probably never.

I've been really sleepy lately, mainly because of the practices that last until 11.30 at Rikky's house for Talent Quest thing. It's all worth it now though and I might catch an early night's sleep tonight, although I did say I would yesterday and it didn't happen....and the day before....

Yes...anyway thanks Rikky and Sonny, especially Sonny for putting up with my crap. In fact, thank you to everyone who puts up with my crap. I know I deal a lot of crap, sometimes they call me El Crapo...but thanks for not being fazed. Thanks to all the random people who congratulated our procession to the finals.

No thanks to the rotten cunts who said we sucked without basing that on anything.

And lastly, thanks to Australia for Golden Circle's Golden Pash. Though the name may sound kind of dodgy, the sweet nectar that filled my drink bottle was very refreshing.

No comments: