Saturday, January 16, 2010

Epic cleaning session in the bathroom today.

Seriously epic, I should have used protection so that my hands and feet don't tingle from the caustic products...but that's another story altogether!

Removed the mildew/mould from the ceiling/high walls of the bathroom; accomplished with an office chair, Easy Off BAM mould edition (it worked reallly good, spray was not as wide as i'd hoped though so it was a little annoying) and an old cloth. And balance (please do not attempt to do any sort of cleaning of walls while on an office chair, you are just asking for trouble.)

Removed all the....pink? stuff? from the shower. what the hell is that? I have no idea but it comes off easy enough with a wipe so away it goes

Removed all the...black stuff from the shower floor. This was a little weirder. Bleach did nothing, and a cream cleanser didn't either. I eventually stumbled upon the fact that I could scrape it off with my fingernails, and then tried to brush but it wouldnt come off. So I scraped off about half of it, and then for the rest of it I worked out that cream cleanser + brush while not perfect was good enough and heaps faster than...my fingernails....my suspicion is that the black stuff is really old adhesive/dried glue stuff from a shampoo bottle or something, it has the same sort of feel as when you are removing the old bits of sticker from the back of a book.

Bleached the toilet - still needs a pretty good clean though, esp. under the rim.

Floor still needs to be cleaned, as does the vanity and mirror and maybe some glass stuff for the shower door.

I put the floor mats into the washing machine, knowing full well I will not be around to hang them up to dry until tomorrow, possibly night, but to be honest if it shrinks or becomes useless I am not averse to throwing it away.


Why am I posting about what I just did, cleaning the bathroom? It's probably the fumes.

No comments: