Thursday, August 23, 2007

There is some sort of weird fate-rubbish going on right now.

So yeah. I'm *really* sick. I feel like a broken record but honestly, I am not used to prolonged illness. Normally it's one or two days and I'm feeling fine again but I've had this ridiculous flu/virus thing for almost two weeks now, shitty nose running, and mucus and coughing and stuff, and now the latest addition to that lineup of complaints is something akin to stomach pain. It's weird. Sometimes I think I'm just hungry (because it sort of like..I can't explain but it could be that) and then I eat stuff and then it just hurts with the bonus of feeling like wanting to throw up.

As you can imagine, working was really bad yesterday.

I really wanna get better by tomorrow because a) band playing b) assignment due

But anyway back to the weird fate-thing.

I forgot to wear a tie today (my thing where I am wearing ties to work) but I called in sick anyway. Because you know, I am sick and all that. I really hate calling in sick. It's like saying "i give up, i can't take this anymore" (but seriously, it is just getting to the stage where i dont want to do anything at all)

I also tried to find a free phone today at uni. There is one near cultural space (filled to the brim with cultural PIs lol) but it didnt work. I ended up using the one @ reception in the AUSA house.

But yeah. More twist-fate.

So I have a test today right. And yeah, obviously I feel like shit. So I wouldn't have done particularly well.

So we're sitting in HSB1, the lecturer turns up, test papers are being handed out...

then BAM they run out of test papers. They needed like 160 and didn't have enough for half the people in the room.

So the test has been moved.

Yeah. After that, I tried to see a doctor @ uni but apparently there was a backlog until like Monday. They said emergency service is available but I'd feel like a twat taking that up. I only met one of the criteria anyway, abdominal pain.


Honestly, the Monday of the holidays, if I still feel remotely like this, it's just gonna be like..

lie in bed

fin

---

You can find anything online. I found the phone number for Vincent St Family Doctors there.

Man, I love the internet.

No comments: