Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Today I got my first foodbox :) And I must say I'm pretty happy with it.

While realistically you can never expect it to be ever as cheap as buying from the supermarket yourself, I am very impressed with the quality of the fruit and veg that's come in. The mushrooms don't look depressing, the vine tomatoes look really fresh and vibrant, the gourmet potatoes are cute, the carrots look good! It's like in ads, when you see fruit; its like that. And they DO also deliver to you, and if you tried to order that amount of fruit and veg online through something like foodtown online, the delivery charge is pretty hefty.

Also, they seem to like throwing in random things to spice things up. This week, I got choko.

What the hell is that?

I don't know! It looks kind of like a bittergourd to me, on the outside. Wiki says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chayote
There's also a recipe to try; though it does need lemon which didn't come in the box.

Because I live in an apartment, I requested them to give me a call to pass the foodbox to me directly, and they did just that - very polite, and yeah.

The final proof though, is in the eating - I had a mandarin and it was really delicious, and I guess we'll see how a cooked meal with foodbox veg turns out! :)

No comments: