Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ministry of Social Development: 1    Henry: 0

Okay. So last year, I got a student allowance. And well, I forgot to tell them that I got a (new) job at Borders. But that's not really important, because

the Ministry of Social Development (MSD) and the Inland Revenue Department )IRD) regularly undertake information matching programmes under the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993...in a recent matching exercise you were identified as working and r eceiving Student Allowance...etc etc so basically:

I owe the Ministry of Social Development $2514.90.

They have also helpfully told me that "this debt must be repaid". (which you know, if it didn't, it would be nice but why else would they send a letter)

So yeah. The worst thing is, I've also had to pay tax on that $2500 back to the IRD, and I don't know if I'll be able to get back 19.5% or whatever tax is off that.

Moral of the story kids: don't cheat the system :( now i have to un-develop myself to the tune of 2500 ;_;

---

also Arrrrrrroooonnnnn is reviewing music now. i dunno how long he'll keep it up but you should look at it!!!!! yeah :D

No comments: