Thursday, October 04, 2007

I was late home from work today.

Why?

Because we closed 5 minutes late.

Why?

Okay so this old balding man comes in at about 9.30, and gets angry. Why? Because we don't have the January issue of the Australian Cleo. Yeah. JANUARY. This is from a company whose policy is to only have the most current one on the shelf...

So yeah. He gets all bitchy, and then when he's told that he could try contacting the magazine and seeing if they have back issues, he asks us to do that.

Now, let me make it clear that normally, I really like customers. I do my job to make them happy. But that guy was just being a lazy ass. I mean, if we called, we wouldn't be treated any differently. And the difference is, he's the one who wants the magazine. We wouldn't be making any money (actually probably losing some from the lost productivity) and its just a general no.

But then he gets angry.

And then he talks about how we have heaps of wasted space in the store, and we should use it to hold old magazines.

Idiot. We get money back on returns.

No comments: