Tuesday, June 05, 2007

kiwifruit muffins are surprisingly freshingre.

So yeah. Glasses. I went to the Optometry clinic in city because apparently its cheaper than Visique or OPSM, was gonna go to the Tamaki one but fully booked and I wanted new glasses ASAP. well;

1) Doesnt matter how fast I try i can't get my glasses in time for my first two exams...
2) jeez they did a lot of testing with my eyes lol, sure was $40 worth of testing. So much rubbish like yellow dye solution in my eye so they can look at the surface and also stuff like anaesthetic drops so they could measure the eye pressure (!!) and there was this funky blue/yellow light instrument, and a whoooole lot of testing and arrows and letters oh so many letters
3) I am not colour blind.
4) it turns out my current pair of glasses are too strong. I think it's something like ~6.25 atm and I am getting a pair of 5.75s. -, of course, because I am short sighted. myopic. yeah.
5) I have mild astigmatism. i cannot remember whether it's vertical or horizontal.
6) apparently i have a good case to use contacts because of the moderate (lol, yeah right its moderate more like blind) degree of visual impairment and other things like that i cant remember all the reasons but the student's supervisor sure made a believer out of me
7) GLASSES ARE EXPENSIVE. Holy crap I do not want to imagine what OPSM or Visique would have charged me, if UoA is cheap :\ The lenses alone cost more than $350 bucks :( then again I am very blind and they are cooly coated with all sorts of stuff like anti-reflection/glare and blahblahblah. and their cheap <$75 frames all looked silly. >.> I have converse frames lol no they were not cheap but at least they look good.

so like i will be doing 2 exams with lopsided glasses YAY

No comments: