Wednesday, September 17, 2008

So my bike. Strange noises? Yes.
Steve from the AUSMC (Auckland University Scooter and Motorcycle Club) used his excellent detective/mechanical skills to determine that unlike what everyone online thought, the problem wasn't with the chain at all (although it was very dirty and dry), but with the wheel bearings. It was actually quite bad, and making the wheel skew (where it's aligned properly, but it's not...if that makes sense). So yeah, I took it over to CycleTreads (i think thats what its called) on the north shore today and got it fixed up for $75, + chain cleaner and lube for 40 (but that should last me forever)....so there goes 110 dollars lol
but yeah, no more noise! yes!!! and also, it rides better again.
I'm still waiting on Lumley to get back to me with something so i can get my replacement helmet and gloves.and im still waiting for ifocus (please never buy anything from their midcity store) to get back to me about my external hard disk.and i still have to move my PR to my new passport (yes i know its been a year shush)
but...yeah. just thought id tell everyone that my bike is fixed again! YUZZZ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! A safe bike is a happy bike!